September 15, 2023
7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
When it's time, join your Webex meeting here.
Phone (audio only):
Mobile phone (one-touch):
This Grand Rounds course is part of a series on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. It was developed in partnership with the Casey Advancement of Diversity and Inclusion in Ophthalmology (CADIO) committee and Casey Eye Institute's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program.
Target audience: Ophthalmologists, optometrists, ophthalmologists in training, health care providers.
Topic: "Inclusivity and Workforce Diversity in Ophthalmology: The AAO Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring Program"
Speaker: Lisa Kelly, M.D., MEd
Taylor Asbury Professor, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Outline the impact of changing US demographics and social determinant of health on disease outcomes.
Discuss the current state of diversity in ophthalmology relative to other specialties.
Discuss the AAO Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring Program purpose and structure.
Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OHSU School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure to Learners
- Lisa Kelly, M.D., MEd - Nothing to Disclose
Program Planning Committee
- Hemakshi Adke - Nothing to Disclose
- Aiyin Chen, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Julie Falardeau, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Seema Gupta, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Brooke Harkness, O.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Thomas Hwang, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Susan Minnieweather - Nothing to Disclose
- Afshan Nanji, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Amanda Redfern, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Leah Reznick, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Daniel Tu, M.D., Ph.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Lorri Wilson, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose