The doctors and skin care specialists at OHSU Casey Eye Institute's Aesthetic Facial Surgery Center are experts at making your skin look its very best. We offer a wide range of non-invasive solutions — including medical grade treatments and skin care products — to improve your skin after damage from aging, sun exposure, skin-related disorders and more. Our mission is to give you healthy skin, and to make you look and feel your best.
Andrea Fontana is the licensed aesthetician at Casey's Aesthetic Facial Surgery Center. She performs customized facials and peels and helps you learn how to care for your specific skin type.
Our skilled skin care specialists are able to help you take the best care of your skin, and we offer:
- Board-certified and fellowship trained surgeons with special training and experience in facial surgery and skin care, including specialists in oculoplastic and facial plastic surgery.
- A certified aesthetician with experience using a wide range of skin care products, including camouflage cosmetics that can be especially helpful after facial surgeries
- Expertise in skin treatments that give you a more youthful and healthy look, such as dermal fillers, anti-wrinkle injections, and the latest in laser therapies
- A full range of professional skin care treatments, including chemical peels and facials
- Andrea Fontana, Licensed aesthetician
- (503) 494-3020
Facial redness, wrinkles and sagging can make you look older than you feel. The specialists at the Casey Aesthetic Facial Surgery Center use a range of therapies that diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and remove or improve the appearance of birthmarks, rosacea, signs of sun damage and other imperfections.
Performed by our licensed aesthetician, the non-traumatic peels we offer stimulate healthy change in the skin to create a beautiful, renewed complexion with minimal downtime. Chemical peel ingredients — from plants, fruits and sour milk — encourage cellular renewal.
Most chemical peel treatments are progressive, meaning that multiple treatments are recommended to achieve desired effects. Chemical peels can significantly improve your skin's appearance by:
- Decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Evening out skin tone
- Replacing dull and lifeless skin with healthy, glowing skin
- Reducing swelling and redness before and after facial surgery
- Decreasing the likelihood of acne breakouts
- Reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation (darker areas) and sun spots
Chemical peel options that we offer:
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peel
- Timeless peel
- Purity peel
- Benefit peel
- Pomegranate peel
- Blueberry exfoliation peel
Skin care products
We offer topical skin care products that are hypoallergenic, organic and antioxidant rich. Our products include creams, moisturizers and sunscreens that rejuvenate and protect your skin, or prevent acne and manage rosacea
Pre- and post-operative skin care
The health of your skin is crucial immediately before and after cosmetic surgery. Our licensed aesthetician can help your skin both prepare for and recover from surgery.
- Skin analysis consult and facial: This treatment is to prepare your skin for surgery. It’s a relaxing and educational treatment which identifies your personal skin care issues and the best treatment options. We'll talk with you about a skin care regimen and homeopathic and vitamin therapies.
- Camouflage cosmetics: Almost everyone has temporary side effects from cosmetic surgery, including swelling, bruising or visible incision marks. It may be weeks or months before these signs completely disappear. But a variety of makeup products and techniques can be used to camouflage the temporary side effects. Our camouflage makeup consultation will guide in you using these products and techniques.
Anti-wrinkle injections: Botox
Botox injections are now the most common cosmetic procedure in the United States. Botox is used to smooth out frown lines, crow’s feet and other unwanted wrinkles, such as lip lines and nose and eyebrow furrows.
All of our Botox injections are performed by an experienced board-certified physician. Roger Dailey, M.D., FACS, has been injecting Botox in Oregon patients since 1984 and published his landmark research in one of the most cited articles in the neurotoxin literature. His research proved that Botox injection given every four months will continue to reduce facial wrinkles. With every three month injections, this will happen even faster. It also showed that Botox given preventatively will minimize the chance of ever getting the “dynamic” wrinkles. As a result, many more patients in the 30-40 year old age range are seeking these treatments and generally need less medication less often. Older patients will find that over time, they typically need less medication as well, less often. The injections take just a few minutes and you can return to your daily life with no sign of treatment.
Double chin reduction: Kybella
Our center offers a non-surgical treatment to reduce a "double chin" — or fullness in your neck area under your jaw. Approved by the Food and Drug Administration, the injection of a drug called deoxycholic acid (trade name KYBELLA®) moderates the appearance of a double chin by destroying fat cells in the area. Dr. Dailey was asked by the manufacturer (Kythera at the time) to introduce this medication to the state of Oregon when it was first FDA approved.
Cosmetic and dermal fillers
As we get older, our faces lose fat that's directly under the skin. This can make smile lines and crow's feet around the eyes more apparent. Cosmetic or dermal fillers, injected under the skin, restore natural-looking fullness to your face. Our specialists are experts in using and understanding dermal fillers, including:
- Juvederm Voluma® XC injectable gel: This is the first and only hyaluronic acid filler that's FDA–approved for deep injection in the cheek. It helps to restore contour and a more youthful profile in the midface for up to two years in patients over the age of 21.
- Belotero Balance: This dermal filler, approved for use in the U.S. in late 2012, can be placed very superficially in the skin to minimize or remove fine lines around the mouth. This was not possible with previously available fillers.
- Restylane: The Restylane family of products — including Restylane, Restylane-L, Perlane, and Perlane-L — are used to add fullness to the skin to smooth out facial wrinkles and folds, including the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Perlane: Perlane does much of what Restylane does, but differs in the average size of the particles and the depth of the injection. The gel particles in Perlane are larger than those in Restylane, which makes Perlane a good choice for wrinkles that benefit from a deeper injection into the skin.
- V-Lift: A V-lift uses three dermal fillers — Voluma for the cheeks, Vollure for the lines around your mouth and Vobella for more youthful fullness in the lips — in combination.
Our experts perform this procedure in a series of four treatments. The process rejuvenates your skin, helping it appear more plump and youthful. It can also help minimize the appearance of acne scars.
Facial vein treatment
Our experts use light and laser treatment to block the tiny blood vessels that can show as spider veins or blotches on your skin. Most people require two or three treatments to remove small blood vessels and more for larger, dark-colored veins. Each treatment takes only a few minutes.
Facial laser resurfacing
Our specialists have been experts at facial laser resurfacing with a carbon dioxide, or CO2, laser for more than a decade. The treatment speeds the natural process of exfoliation of your skin, removing its rough outer layers. Your body will form new collagen, creating new, smoother and fresher skin. The treatment can reduce the appearance of noticeable veins and broken capillaries and reduce or remove "age spots." The treatment can also help patients with facial scars and sun-damaged skin.
Facial laser resurfacing provides softer, smoother, healthier-looking skin. The full effect of the treatment develops over a few months after the procedure and lasts for several years.