ACTNOW is a research registry managed by the Layton Aging and Alzheimer's Disease Center at OHSU. Our staff can match you to a research study or clinical trial.
By registering with ACTNOW, you can:
- Learn about studies you might be interested in
- Connect with Layton Center staff
- Learn about Layton Center events, support groups and other resources
How ACTNOW works
1. Complete a consent form and create a member profile.
2. Wait to be contacted about a study match.
3. Decide if you want to enroll.
Frequently asked questions
By taking part, you:
- Join something greater than yourself.
- Give back to the community.
- Add to knowledge of aging, memory loss and dementia.
- Raise hope for current and future generations.
Once you have consented and created a member profile, the Layton Center research team will email you about studies you qualify for and that match your interests.
We recommend that you complete your profile questionnaires and update your profile each year so we know which studies would best suit you.
It can take time to find a suitable study. Researchers also can’t always immediately respond to questions. Please give our team time to contact you.
Layton Center research
Layton Center research includes:
- Long-term observational studies
- Technology-based studies
- Nationally recognized clinical trials
All adults ages 18 and older from Oregon and southwest Washington are invited to join ACTNOW.
Researchers can ask the ACTNOW team about:
- Providing a list of participants to contact about study opportunities
- Collaborating on projects