OHSU’s Trauma Center draws experts from many different fields, working as a team. Our collaboration means that OHSU patients get the best possible care for traumatic injuries.
We also work closely with our peers at the Portland VA Medical Center and reach out to providers statewide to share the knowledge and resources of our Level 1 Trauma Center.
Trauma surgeons and critical care providers
Advanced practice trauma and critical care providers
Trauma program administration
- Jody Berryhill, B.S.N. RN, Trauma Program Coordinator
- Elizabeth Herber, Administrative Coordinator
- Heather Wong, MHS B.S.N. RN TCRN, Director
Trauma program case management
- Tatyana Avakyan, RN, ADN Certified Interpreter
- Catherine Deem, B.S.N. RN ACMA
- Niki Kinunen
- Karessa Rickman, Care Integration Specialist
- Barbara Sells, BSN RN Care Guidelines Specialist
- Email: email@example.com
A team effort to improve rural trauma care
OHSU and Legacy Emanuel Medical Center marked the 30th anniversary of Oregon’s statewide trauma system by awarding grants to first responders in rural areas.
OHSU experts share ways to prevent falls
The biggest cause of traumatic injuries — ground-level falls — can be reduced through simple changes such as awareness, clearing clutter and exercising.