OHSU’s experts in gender-diverse health care are committed to giving you the best care possible. You’ll find:
Comprehensive care: Our highly trained doctors, nurse practitioners and other specialists work together. You will get complete care for your overall health as well as any transition goals.
Affirming, inclusive care: Our providers are part of an OHSU culture dedicated to diversity and inclusion. They will discuss your goals and concerns with you at every step. You will also find a welcoming and gender-affirming environment across our campuses and clinics.
Innovative techniques: Our providers, through research, are continually developing ways to improve care and outcomes.
Leaders in transgender care: Our doctors train other medical providers nationally and internationally in transgender and gender-nonconforming care. The Transgender Health Program trains Northwest health care providers in hormone therapy and gender-affirming care.
Care at OHSU
At OHSU, all providers offer gender-affirming care in safe, welcoming environments. If you seek care from a provider not listed below, please tell them when you call that you are seeking transgender-related or gender-diverse care. Contact us if you have any problems accessing a clinic or provider.
- Director: Aedan Coffey, M.P.H.
- Clinical program manager: Amy Penkin, M.S.W., LCSW
- Medical director: Christina E. Milano, M.D.
- Surgical director: Daniel Dugi III, M.D., FACS
- Doernbecher Gender Clinic director: Kara J. Connelly, M.D.
- Pediatric social worker: Jess Guerriero, M.A., M.S.W.
- Adult/perioperative social worker: Kelly Jeske, M.S.W., LCSW
- Clinical psychologist: Mary Marsiglio, Ph.D.
- Patient navigator: Kael Tarog
The following OHSU primary care clinics offer welcoming, gender-affirming care, including hormone therapy.
- Portland area: See our Primary Care site to look for a provider. When you call, please let the clinic know you are seeking care through the Transgender Health Program.
- Outside the Portland area: We encourage you to seek primary care in your community. Fill out our service request form if you need help finding a gender-affirming doctor.
- Gabriel Park (Southwest Portland)
- Marquam Hill
- Orenco Station (Hillsboro)
- Richmond (Southeast Portland)
- South Waterfront
Hysterectomy and oophorectomy
Phalloplasty and erectile implants
- Electrolysis: Michelle Cappadona, licensed electrologist
- Laser hair removal: Heather Onoday, RN, M.N., FNP
Mental health care
Appointments are made through the OHSU Center for Women’s Health, but the clinic’s gender-neutral space is not in the center.
Gynecology and Obstetrics
Refer a patient
- Please complete our Request for Transgender Health Services referral form and fax with relevant medical records to 503-346-6854.
- Learn more on our For Health Care Professionals page.
Hear from two of our founders
Learn about two Transgender Health Program founders, Dr. Christina Milano and Dr. Daniel Dugi, in their own words. They interviewed each other as part of an oral history project. Topics include why they became doctors, how they got involved in caring for the gender-diverse community, and the evolution of care.