OHSU participates in the Association of American Medical Colleges Electronic Residency Application Service. Applications must be submitted electronically through the ERAS system by November 1 to be considered. Please contact your dean's office for your student workstation software and information on the electronic application process.
A complete application is standard and includes the following items:
- ERAS application (CV) with photograph
- Medical school Dean's letter
- Three letters of recommendation (Three is the minimum and we will accept up to four letters. We will accept either a traditional letter or the AOA Standardized Letter of Recommendation.)
- USMLE board scores (We do not have a minimum cutoff score. In 2020, in light of COVID-19 restrictions, we will not require Step 2 CK at time of application, but please schedule and complete as soon as possible. In the absence of extenuating circumstances, we will require Step 2 CK and CS scores by mid-January of 2021)
- Medical school transcripts
- Your personal statement (Please include a few sentences in your personal statement informing us of your particular interest in OHSU/Oregon.)
After the application review process is complete, you will be notified via email of your interview status. We adhere to the American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons (ACAPS) guidelines and will send out the interview invitation on the same day as all other programs. Please refer to: https://acaplasticsurgeons.org/Resources/#medical for details.
If you have had postgraduate training, send letters of recommendation from the program director(s) of your first postgraduate year and any subsequent residency training.
OHSU accepts international medical graduates, but they must have an Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, also known as ECFMG, certificate before they will be appointed. All applicants must be legally able to work in the United States or eligible to obtain work authorization.