Welcome to DMICE! As a student here, you belong to a close-knit group of learners and educators who are at the forefront of innovation. No matter what degree you’re pursuing, we’re thrilled to have you as part of our informatics community.
This page includes:
- Details for DMICE’s new student orientation.
- An overview and links to required trainings and forms.
- Additional resources to help you navigate life as an OHSU graduate student.
Check out the DMICE Faculty Research and Teaching Interests here.
New student orientation: Thursday, September 22, 2022 10:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. (Virtual)
Below is the schedule for our new student orientation. This half-day, in-person event helps you get acquainted with the DMICE degree programs, understand the expectations of our learning community and meet other DMICE students.
|10:00am||Welcome and Introductions||Vishnu Mohan|
|10:30||Professional Conduct and Student Etiquette||Karen Eden|
|11:00||Breakout Session: Program Overview – Health and Clinical Informatics||Nicole Weiskopf|
|11:00||Breakout Session: Program Overview – Bioinformatics and Computational Biomedicine (Webex breakout session)||Shannon McWeeney|
|11:45||Student Meet and Greet||Students|
Online training and requirements
Students must complete the following modules in Compass, our virtual learning and development platform by Thursday September 8, 2022. You must have your OHSU network ID and password to complete Compass.
- Information Privacy and Security (IPS) Essentials
- Respect at the University
- Integrity Foundation
- Integrity Education Booster
- CITI: Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR). Select “Researcher” role
- Human Subjects Research (HSR)
- Conflict of Interest in Research (COIR) disclosure form
Compass also allows you to explore other learning opportunities and tools to support your career.
All new students need to complete the Conflict of Interest in Research (COIR) disclosure form. To access the form, sign in with your OHSU account credentials.
You’ll also need to provide documentation showing that you have met the requirements of OHSU’s COVID-19 policy at least 21 days before the start of your program.
Upload Passport-Style photo during online registration.