Special focus on
- Cardiac Imaging
- General Cardiology
- Heart Disease and Diabetes
- Internal medicine - University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
- Cardiology - Wadsworth VA Medical Center, UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Cardiology - Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, internal medicine
Dr. Kaul has pioneered the field of microbubble echocardiology (myocardial contrast echocardiography), a powerfully effective screening test for the early detection of coronary heart disease. He joined OHSU in 2005 and is the CEO of the Knight Cardiovascular Institute. Dr. Kaul's major clinical and research interest is coronary artery disease.
Memberships and associations
- American Society for Clinical Investigation
- Association of American Physicians
- American Clinical and Climatological Association
- Association of University Cardiologists
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
4.9 out of 5 (88 Ratings, 28 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to the question "How likely would you be to recommend this provider to your family and friends (on a scale of 0 to 10)" on our nationally-recognized NRC patient surveys.
- Dec 14, 2018
My only regret is that he is reducing his practice
- Nov 05, 2018
It was excellent, everything was okay. It's my last visit. Thank you very much.
- Nov 05, 2018
I have been going to Dr. Kaul for many years. He's the best I've ever known and I'm 92 years old. So I've known quite a few. As a matter of fact, I never had a doctor at OHSU that I have not liked. Thank you.
- Nov 04, 2018
Thought, caring and complete examination and discussion of my health
- Sep 30, 2018
Dr. Kaul is an excellent and compassionate cardiologist who is conservative in his treatment regimens and a kind, patient listener. My visits with him are always comforting. I trust his knowledge and advice.
- Sep 29, 2018
Dr Kabul is a total professional. He gave me the time for questions after a through exam.
- Sep 24, 2018
CAREFUL, EXPERT, PERSONABLE
- Sep 22, 2018
Thorough, friendly, discussed my heart health and felt good about the attention and knowledge of past visits.
- Sep 02, 2018
Excellent care and follow through! Great support for overall good health also. Sincere interest in patient care.
- Sep 01, 2018
Dr. Kaul is awesome!!! Very Knowledgeable and very kind I would recommend him to everyone!!!! A real STAR!!!!!