I see patients at
Address3270 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Michaela Rickert specializes in caring for patients during their pregnancy journey. She has a background as a registered dietitian and really enjoys incorporating nutrition and exercise as part of her patient care. She has extensive experience working with patients with diabetes (Type 1, Type 2 and gestational) and also enjoys working to optimize health prior to pregnancy. She works with the following types of patients:
- Patients who are currently pregnant with Type 1, Type 2 or Gestational Diabetes (GDMA2)
- Interest in optimizing glycemic management prior to pregnancy
- Post-partum visits to manage glycemic control (up to 6 weeks post-partum) with transition back to referring provider
- Pregnant patients who desire a continuous glucose monitor or insulin pump
In her spare time, she loves exploring Portland with her husband and dog Gus. She particularly enjoys hiking, biking and running.
- B.S., 2010, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- R.D., 2011, UW Hospital and Clinic Dietetic Internship Program
- P.A.-C., 2014, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Sciences
Memberships and associations
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Oregon Medical Board