I see patients at
Address3270 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Tolosa has a special interest in preterm birth, medical complications of pregnancy, prenatal diagnosis and ultrasound. His research interests include prevention of preterm birth and low birth weight, exposures in pregnancy (tobacco, pesticides and environmental exposures such as phtalates and how they affect the mother and the baby), and ultrasound use in pregnancy. He has a special interest in global health as it relates to mothers (prevention of postpartum hemorrhage and preeclampsia) and children (prevention of low birthweight, preterm birth and adverse neonatal outcomes) in the most disadvantaged communities.
Originally from Colombia in South America, and after living and studying in England and the East coast of the U.S., Dr. Tolosa joined OHSU because it is one of the leading teaching centers in the U.S. in his areas of interest. For him, living in the Pacific Northwest is a privilege. When he's not working, Dr. Tolosa enjoys visiting the coast, walking his dogs, going to his youngest daughter's soccer practices, visiting his two other daughters who are currently in college and spending time with his family. He plans to learn to kayak this year.
- M.D., 1982, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- Obstetrics and gynecology, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Hospital Universitario "San Ignacio", Bogota, Colombia, 1987
- Perinatal medicine and ultrasound, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hammersmith Hospital, University of London, London, UK., 1988
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), 1997
Memberships and associations
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine