I see patients at
Address700 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Christine M. Eighmey is a pediatric surgery nurse practitioner and an instructor of surgery in the Division of Pediatric Surgery in the OHSU School of Medicine.
She works closely with patients and families who have been admitted to the hospital, working to provide excellent continuity of care for surgical and trauma patients. She has a special interest in helping children manage pain from medical procedures. She focuses on techniques to minimize anxiety and painful events, which are often part of the child's hospital experience. She especially enjoys helping families navigate through their children's hospital stay, with the goal of getting children home and back to their job of being kids.
Christine earned her master of education degree from Auburn, her master of science in nursing degree from the Vanderbilt University School of Nursing and her Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner certificate from Vanderbilt in 2000.
When she's not working, Christine enjoys hiking, skiing, cycling and watching Southeastern Conference football with her husband and twin boys.
- B.S., 1990, Auburn University
- M.Ed., 1991, Auburn University
- M.S.N., 1996, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- C.P.N.P., 2000, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, Primary Care and Acute Care, 2000
Memberships and associations
- American Pediatric Surgical Nurses Association