Radiation therapy has long been a pillar of cancer care.
The Department of Radiation Medicine takes pride in educating every patient on the various cancer radiation treatments available and what they can expect during treatment. Within the Radiation Medicine, the dedication of our health care providers, researchers, educators and learners allow us to provide patients with the greatest compassion and the most comprehensive medical care.
The Department of Radiation Medicine offers:
- Nationally known radiation therapy experts who work with your full cancer team to give you outstanding care
- Doctors who continually research how to provide the best results with the least amount of radiation
- Detailed treatment planning and follow-up so you know exactly what to expect
- The latest technology to safely and accurately deliver radiation
- Innovative techniques to precisely target cancer and spare healthy tissue
As a teaching institution, our health care providers maintain a high level of professional standards by continuously advancing their education, increasing their knowledge and skills, and continuing professional relationships within the field of radiation oncology. This allows for our health care providers to provide patients with the latest, and most strategic, cost- effective technologies and advantages in fighting cancer.