We appreciate your interest in OHSU's Therapeutic Medical Physics Residency Program. The program is currently accepting applications for one medical physics resident position. The position located in Portland, OR with an anticipated start in July 2024. This program receives applications through Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP).
Applications and cover letters are to be submitted no later than December 31, 2023.
To apply to the Therapeutic Medical Physics Residency Program, applicants must have a strong foundation in basic physics. This shall be demonstrated either by an undergraduate or graduate degree in physics, or by a degree in an engineering discipline or another of the physical sciences and with coursework that is the equivalent of a minor in physics. In addition, residents must either:
- Have graduated from a CAMPEP-accredited MS or PhD graduate program, or
- Possess a PhD in physics or related discipline and have completed a CAMPEP-accredited certificate program, or
- Possess a PhD in physics or related discipline and have satisfactorily completed courses equivalent to those in a CAMPEP-accredited certificate program
This program receives applications through Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP) and participates in the Medical Physics Matching Program (MedPhys Match).
A completed Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP) application includes the following:
- Personal Information (name, address, contact information)
- American Board of Radiology certification status
- Disclosure of criminal behavior, academic violations, and/or licensure actions
- Employment History
- Military Service history (if applicable)
- Education (undergraduate and graduate transcripts)
- Names of 3 references (suggest including one from a current advisor or department head)
- Personal Statement (maximum 3000 characters)
- Uploaded CV (should include awards, publications and presentations)
- Transcripts and a copy of TOEFL results (if applicable)
The Medical Physics Residency Program is currently accepting applications
To apply to the Therapeutic Medical Physics Residency Program, please follow these steps:
- Submit a completed application via the Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP)
- Send a cover letter to RadMedEd@ohsu.edu
- Register for the MedPhys Match by December 1, 2023
The application portal for the 2024 match opened on October 10, 2023. Below are some important dates for this recruitment cycle:
- The 2024 MedPhys Match opens for registration on October 10, 2023
- The recommended registration date for the 2024 MedPhys Match is December 1, 2023
- December 31, 2023 is the deadline for OHSU applications and cover letters
- Residency interviews will be conducted in early 2024
- MATCH RESULTS DAY is March 27, 2023
Applicants must possess legal eligibility to work in the United States or be eligible to obtain work authorization. For applicants who are not U.S. citizens, they must also hold legal eligibility to work in the U.S. or be eligible to obtain work authorization.
Applicants are subject to pre-employment drug screening, which is a mandatory requirement. Successful finalization of employment necessitates a negative drug screen, which includes screening for THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.
For further information on how to apply to the Medical Physics Residency Program, please reach out to our Education Coordinator.