Applicants applying to the Medical Physics Residency Program must have a strong foundation in basic physics as demonstrated by a master’s or doctoral degree in medical physics, physics, engineering, mathematics, or other science with physics training equivalent to a minor in physics.
Applicants should 1) have graduated from a CAMPEP-accredited graduate program, or 2) possess a PhD in physics or related discipline and have completed a CAMPEP-accredited certificate program, or 3) possess a PhD in physics or related discipline and have taken and passed coursework that satisfies the CAMPEP standards for graduate education. Learn more here: Information for Prospective Applicants to CAMPEP-Accredited Residency Programs
This program accepts applications thru Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP) and participates in the Medical Physics Matching Program.
Join the residents and faculty of Oregon Health & Science University’s (OHSU) Medical Physics Residency Program at American Association of Physicists in Medicine's (AAPM) 2021 Virtual Residency Fair Fridays. This year’s fair will be held virtually every Friday in the month of September. REGISTER HERE!
All applications must be submitted through the Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP) and an OHSU-specific cover letter should be submitted directly to RadMedEd@ohsu.edu.
A completed Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP) application includes the following:
- OHSU-specific cover letter (emailed directly to RadMedEd@ohsu.edu)
- ABR certification status
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Education (undergraduate and graduate)
- Employment history
- References (3)
- Disclosure of criminal behavior, academic violations, and/or licensure actions
- Military service history (if applicable)
- Transcripts and a copy of TOEFL results (if applicable)
To apply to the Medical Physics Residency Program:
- Submit a completed application via Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP)
- Submit a cover letter to RadMedEd@ohsu.edu
- Register for the MedPhys Match
Information about the 2022 Match will be available in September 2021
- 2021 MedPhys Match Registration opens on October 12, 2020
- 2021 MedPhys Match Registration recommend registration date is December 1, 2020
- DEADLINE for applications to OHSU is December 15, 2020
- Residency Interviews held in February 2021
- MATCH RESULTS DAY is March 31, 2021
For more information on applying to the Medical Physics Residency Program, please email the Education Program Coordinator.