The Chemical Physiology (CP) Hub trains students to think critically and independently, and teaches them how to design and conduct independent research, developing and using small molecules or drugs to study physiological process from cells to organisms. Our students will gain the knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to undertake careers as independent scientists, dedicated teachers and imaginative leaders and scholars in academia, government and industry.
Hub Director: Robert Duvoisin, Ph.D.
In addition to the PBMS core curriculum, students who join the Chemical Physiology (CP) hub will be encouraged to take the following core course(s) and 3 credits of electives based on the student's individual training plan/research interests. Additionally, students will participate in their hubs seminar series, journal club(s) / grand rounds, and annual retreat / symposia.
- Principles of Chemical Biology
- Organ Systems
- The Visual System
- Cellular neurophysiology
- Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
- Systems Neuroscience
- Neurobiology of Disease
- Peptide Synthesis
- Electrophysiology Bootcamp
- Animal Telemetry
- Epithelial Physiology (Renal, Pulmonary, and Vascular)
- Endothelial Physiology
- Perspectives in Pulmonary Physiology
- Receptor Pharmacology
- Chemical Physiology and Biochemistry
- Chemical Biology
- Chemical Synthesis
Annual Meeting(s) and Symposia(s)
- Chemical Physiology Annual Retreat
- Chemical Biology and Physiology Conference
- Volcano Conference