- Cancer and Blood Disorders
Special focus on
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- M.D., University of Chicago 2009
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University 2014
- Internal Medicine, Northwestern University, 2012
- Oncology, National Cancer Institute; Hematology, National Heart Lung Blood Institute, 2015
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine) 2012; Medical Oncology and Hematology (2015)
Dr. Prasad specializes in caring for patients with hematologic malignancies, including Non-Hodgkin’s and Hodgkin’s lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia/lymphoma, mantle cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma among others. He has advanced training in hematology (diseases of the blood and bone marrow) and oncology (cancer). At OHSU, he is part of the lymphoma team, where he specializes in the care of people with hematologic malignancies, using chemotherapy, biological therapies, targeted therapies and immunotherapy to improve their health.
Dr. Prasad is nationally known for his research that seeks to improve the medical decisions doctors make, and improve the quality of evidence that doctors use to treat patients. He enjoys working with patients and their families to develop personalized treatment plans, and guide them through their care. Dr. Prasad is the author of Ending Medical Reversal: Improving Outcomes, Saving Lives.
In his spare time, Dr. Prasad is an avid cyclist. He enjoys basketball, tennis, reading, gardening and occasionally binge-watching television.Read more
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Clinical Oncology