Don Kain has been a registered dietitian since 1989 and has been a certified diabetes educator since 1995. Don has a master’s degree in exercise physiology and has a strong interest in the role that physical activity plays in the management and prevention of diabetes. Don grew up in Arizona, but has lived in Southern California for the bulk of his adult life. In spite of all of the exposure to the sunshine in Arizona and California, Don really enjoys living in beautiful, green, clean Portland with his wife. Some of his personal interests include: news and current events, physical activity (jogging, weight lifting and cruising Portland on his bike), as well as Pac 12 athletics, especially University of Arizona football and basketball.
- B.S., 1988, Northern Arizona University
- M.A., 1993, San Diego State University
- Dietetic internship: Los Angeles County- University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
Memberships and associations
- American Dietetic Association