Stroke: Resources for Patients and Families
We’ve collected resources and links to help you find stroke information and support.
Find information about:
- Stroke Information Page, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- What You Need to Know About Stroke, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Stroke, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Stroke, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Stroke, U.S. National Library of Medicine
- About Stroke, American Stroke Association
See our Stroke Prevention page.
- Stroke rehabilitation at OHSU
- Life After Stroke, American Stroke Association
- Rehabilitation, American Stroke Association
- Guide for caregivers of stroke patients, American Stroke Association
- "Making Rehabilitation Decisions," American Stroke Association
Learn more about:
- Stroke Treatment, American Stroke Association
- Patient Center, Society of Neurointerventional Surgery
- The Stroke Network
- Find a Stroke Support Group, American Stroke Association
- The Backstrokes, a singalong group for stroke survivors that meets in Southeast Portland
- American Stroke Association
- American Stroke Foundation
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Aphasia Hope Foundation, a resource on a speech/language disorder that can affect people who have had a stroke
- National Aphasia Association
Understanding the terminology
- Glossary of terms and definitions, the Stroke Network
About the brain
- Illustration of brain anatomy and function, Human Brain Facts
- Brain Basics: Know Your Brain, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Anatomy of the Brain, American Association of Neurosurgeons
- Call 911 now if you or someone else may be having a stroke. Learn the BE FAST signs of stroke.
- Referral: To become a patient, please ask your doctor for a referral.
- Questions: For questions or follow-up appointments, call 503-494-7772.
Parking is free for patients and their visitors.
OHSU Stroke Program clinic
Hatfield Research Center, 13th floor
3250 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road
Map and directions
Refer a patient
- Refer your patient to OHSU.
- Call 503-494-4567 to seek provider-to-provider advice.
- Find OHSU’s stroke practice standards on our For Health Care Professionals page.
- Learn about stroke prevention.
- Learn how our Telemedicine Network can bring OHSU expertise to your community.