For Study Coordinators
Education & Professional Support
The 2016 SoCRA exam at OHSU
Time: 8am to 12noon
Place: Mac Hall 2201
Registration Deadline: July 29, 2016
Facilitated by Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI). Applicants must be a current SoCRA member or have two or more years of experience in clinical research and meet all of the eligibility requirements in order to register for the exam. You must register through SoCRA; see additional application and fee information. Please contact Darlene Kitterman with questions.
SoCRA Exam Study Group
Interested in joining a SoCRA Study Group? Please contact Carrie Farrar from the OCTRI Study Coordinator Unit or 503-494-4233 to connect with other coordinators taking the exam this year. This is a great way to meet new people and prepare for the test.
This two-day workshop is designed to provide a basic framework of the role and responsibilities of the research coordinator, the regulatory and policy requirements for appropriate conduct of clinical research at OHSU, and tools to assist coordinators to successfully perform their role. This workshop is open to all OHSU employees.
Learn more about the Quarterly Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop
- Writing and Obtaining Informed Consent Date: TBD
- Essential Regulatory and Source Documents Date: TBD
- Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol Date: TBD
The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and the Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI) offer a series of classes for OHSU Study Coordinators. The classes are designed to provide study coordinators with working knowledge of OHSU research policies and operations. The goal is to further the development of highly skilled study coordinators at OHSU. Registration is open to all OHSU employees currently working as research coordinators, although previous completion of OCTRI's Quarterly Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop is highly encouraged.
- Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol
- Writing and Obtaining Informed Consent
- Essential Regulatory and Source Documents
Working with CTO-Contracting: How Do I Get My Clinical Trial Contract Negotiated and Why Isn't It Signed Yet?
Presentation - May 2016
Subject Injury Policy, Identification and Reporting at OHSU
Presentation - May 2016
- OHSU Clinical Research Coordinator Required Training Checklist of required training for study coordinators and clinical research coordinators at OHSU
- Required OHSU Healthsystem Trainings Required training for research staff working in the OHSU healthsystem
- Recruitment Tools for Clinical Researchers
- Research Administration Training & Education (RATE)