For Study Coordinators
The Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI) is sponsoring the next Quarterly Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop and the next installment of the Study Coordinator Training series. Please see details below. For questions, please contact Bridget Adams.
Study Coordinator Trainings and Education:
- Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop
- Study Coordinator Training Series - Writing and Obtaining Informed Consent Study Coordinator Training Series - Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol Study Coordinator Training Series - Essential Regulatory and Source Documents
- SoCRA Exam at OHSU
Dates: March 20-21, 2019
This two-day workshop is designed to provide a basic framework of the role and responsibilities of the research coordinator, the regulatory and policy requirements for appropriate conduct of clinical research at OHSU, and tools to assist coordinators to successfully perform their role.
View the most recent agenda: May 2017
- This workshop is open to all OHSU and VA employees. Space is limited and registration is REQUIRED to attend. Registration is first come, first serve through OHSU Compass.
- Continuing 13 Nursing Education Credits will be available for the classes.
Study Coordinator Training Series
The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and the Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI) offer a series of classes for OHSU Study Coordinators. The classes are designed to provide study coordinators with working knowledge of OHSU research policies and operations. The goal is to further the development of highly skilled study coordinators at OHSU.
Essential Regulatory and Source Documents
Date: February 7, 2019 / 8:30a.m. - 12:30p.m.
- 4 hour long workshop designed to instruct study coordinators on the essential documentation needed for your regulatory and subject files and includes:
- What information is needed in your regulatory files
- How to adequately record study data/adequate case histories
- when to use "Notes to File"
- Epic and research records
- 4 hour workshop designed to provide guidance and practical tips including:
- How to pull information from the protocol when writing the consent document
- Choosing appropriate liability language, consent templates and HIPAA forms
- How to obtain informed consents from a variety of study subjects (decisional impaired adults, child assents, adults with limited English proficiency)
- Assessing subject understanding of informed consent
- 4 hour workshop designed to provide an in-depth discussion of the role the study coordinator plays in analyzing and implementing a research protocol at OHSU and includes:
- How to identify key information in a research protocol
- How to identify safety procedures and distinguish standard of care from research
- How to address logistical concerns (location, personnel, OHSU research forms)
- Epic and research records
- Classes are open to all OHSU employees currently working as Research Coordinators. Previous completion of the Clinical Research Coordinator Workshop (see above) is highly encouraged.
- Workshops are limited to approximately 30-35 students and will be offered on a rotating basis. Registration is first come, first serve and is through OHSU Compass.
- 4 Nursing Continuing Education Credits will be available for the classes.
Facilitated by Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI). Applicants must be a current SoCRA member or have two or more years of experience in clinical research and meet all of the eligibility requirements in order to register for the exam. You must register through SoCRA; see additional application and fee information.