For Study Coordinators
Education & Professional Support
Are you a study coordinator looking to network, improve your skills and engage with other study coordinators? If so, we invite you to join the OHSU Clinical Research Coordinator Network (CRCN). Whether you're working on your first study or have years of experience, join us for:
- Professional networking
- Training and mentoring
- Learning and engagement
- Fun with fellow coordinators
To find out when the next meeting is and learn more click here.
The 2016 SoCRA exam at OHSU will be announced in the Spring.
Facilitated by Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI). Applicants must be a current SoCRA member or have two or more years of experience in clinical research and meet all of the eligibility requirements in order to register for the exam. You must register through SoCRA; see additional application and fee information. Please contact Kimberly Poole for questions.
SoCRA Exam Study Group
If you are interested in joining a SoCRA exam study group, please contact the OHSU Clinical Research Coordinator Network at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great way to meet other coordinators and prepare for the exam!
Dates: May 25 & 26, 2016
This two-day workshop is designed to provide a basic framework of the role and responsibilities of the research coordinator, the regulatory and policy requirements for appropriate conduct of clinical research at OHSU, and tools to assist coordinators to successfully perform their role. This workshop is open to all OHSU employees.
Learn more about the Quarterly Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop
- Writing and Obtaining Informed Consent Date: Canceled
- Essential Regulatory and Source Documents Date: March 8th
- Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol Date: April 12th
The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and the Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI) offer a series of classes for OHSU Study Coordinators. The classes are designed to provide study coordinators with working knowledge of OHSU research policies and operations. The goal is to further the development of highly skilled study coordinators at OHSU. Registration is open to all OHSU employees currently working as research coordinators, although previous completion of OCTRI's Quarterly Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop is highly encouraged.
- Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol
- Writing and Obtaining Informed Consent
- Essential Regulatory and Source Documents
- OHSU Clinical Research Coordinator Required Training Checklist of required training for study coordinators and clinical research coordinators at OHSU
- Required OHSU Healthsystem Trainings Required training for research staff working in the OHSU healthsystem
- Recruitment Tools for Clinical Researchers
- Research Administration Training & Education (RATE)