The collaborative Hematology Gynecology clinic at the Center for Women’s Health follows a multi-disciplinary approach, allowing patients to see both a hematologist and an obstetrician/gynecologist for evaluation and treatment in one convenient appointment. The clinic is focused on helping people over 18 years of age with bleeding and clotting disorders and their gynecologic needs, including management of anticoagulation, heavy menstrual bleeding and contraception (birth control).
The clinic is available for appointments two Wednesdays per month in the morning.
Hematologist: Bethany Samuelson Bannow, M.D., specializes in caring for women with bleeding and clotting disorders.
Obstetrician/Gynecologists: Lisa Bayer, M.D., M.P.H., Paula Bednarek, M.D., M.P.H., and Alyssa Colwill, M.D., M.C.R., specialize in obstetrics/gynecology and family planning which includes contraception (birth control) for patients with complex medical conditions.
Comprehensive care for people with bleeding and clotting disorders, including:
- Diagnosis and treatment of bleeding and clotting disorders
- New consultations as well as continuing care for people already seen in the clinic
- Management of anticoagulation
- Personalized approach to reproductive needs for people with bleeding and clotting disorders, including menstrual suppression and contraception (birth control)
- Placement of contraceptive devices, including implant (Nexplanon) and intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Educational material for people with bleeding and clotting disorders