The OHSU Center for Women’s Health offers you the most complete gynecology, pregnancy and childbirth care in Oregon. We can care for your health needs at every stage of your life. You’ll find:
- Doctors and nurses who work as a team to offer care and support for complex conditions.
- A National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health, designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Providers who are also researchers, studying new treatments.
- Expert pregnancy and childbirth care.
- Private, supportive family planning care, including birth control and abortion.
- Gender-affirming care and partnership with OHSU's Transgender Health Program.
You’ll find expert treatment for all your health concerns, including:
- Annual exams and general gynecologic care.
- Every type of birth control.
- Sensitive gynecologic care for teens.
- Midlife and menopause care.
- Care for complex conditions like fibroids and endometriosis.
- Surgery, including minimally invasive techniques and robotic surgery.
- Pregnancy and childbirth.
- Vulvar health and sexual pain.
- Access to clinical trials and research.
We are a Center of Excellence in Women's Health because we offer:
Comprehensive care: We offer you gynecologic care throughout your life.
Highly-qualified providers: All of us can take care of your general gynecology needs. Many of us also have advanced training and expertise in one area, such as pregnancy, birth control or menopause.
Providers who work together: Doctors, nurses, nurse-midwives, physical therapists, sex therapists and others who all work together to care for you.
Research specific to women’s health: Our researchers and doctors focus on sex differences in health and conditions unique to people with female reproductive organs.
Advanced technology: We offer leading-edge minimally invasive surgery to lessen pain and speed up recovery.
Specialty gynecology clinics that focus on care for:
- People who experience pain of the vulva or vagina.
- People over 40.
- Teens with bleeding disorders or concerns about their period.
- People with large or complex fibroids.
- People who experience chronic pain with their period.
- Extended hours for general ob-gyn appointments
- Same day appointments at our family planning clinic
- In-office sedation for many procedures
Call 503-418-4500 to make an appointment.
Kohler Pavilion, seventh floor
808 S.W. Campus Drive
Portland, OR 97239
Free parking for patients and visitors
Research and clinical trials
At OHSU, many providers are also researchers who strive to turn discoveries into better patient care.
What is a Pap smear?
Dr. Katie Au shares everything you need to know.
The latest techniques and therapies
A gynecologist and a hematologist (a specialist in bleeding disorders) who work together to treat teens with bleeding disorders and heavy periods in our Spots, Dots and Clots clinic. Adults see specialists in our comprehensive Hematology Gynecology clinic.
The only center on the West Coast providing effective surgery for vestibulodynia, pain at the vagina’s entrance.
The most comprehensive offerings in the Portland area of proven conventional and alternative therapies to manage menopause.
Paired appointments with a menopause specialist and therapist to manage the sexual and emotional changes of midlife.
Less invasive surgery
If you need surgery, our team offers advanced techniques that lead to less pain, fewer complications and shorter recovery. We will find the surgical option that best meets your needs and goals.
Our minimally invasive options include:
Laparoscopy. We insert a small camera into your abdomen to help us remove ovaries or ovarian masses. We can also use laparoscopy for hysterectomy (removing the uterus) and treating endometriosis.
Hysteroscopy. We insert a small camera into your uterus to help us remove polyps or fibroids, or treat heavy menstrual bleeding.
Endometrial ablation. This is a hysteroscopic treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding, and an alternative to hysterectomy.
Vaginal approach. This technique lets us perform a hysterectomy with fewer incisions.
Robotic surgery. We use the surgical robot to assist with many types of gynecologic surgery, including hysterectomy, ovarian cyst removal, endometriosis surgery, and uterine fibroid removal.
Research and clinical trials
Research at the Center for Women’s Health spans all ages and stages of women’s health. You’ll find studies and clinical trials in areas such as:
- Period complications: New treatments for people who have heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Birth control: Our doctors are actively researching new and improved birth control methods, including a new vaginal ring.
- Pregnancy and infertility: Studies of maternal well-being and techniques during childbirth.
- Menopause: A study on a new treatment for hot flashes.