The deadline for 2019 application materials, including letters of recommendation and the $70.00 application fee, is December 1st.
2018 Recruitment dates: February 21-22, 2019
How to apply
Please visit the OHSU School of Medicine Graduate Studies website to APPLY. Click on "Neuroscience Graduate Program" in the program list.
Three letters of recommendation are required.
Beginning with 2019 applicants, the GRE is no longer required but rather optional for the Vollum Institute/OHSU Neuroscience Graduate Program. If you wish to submit GRE scores, OHSU's ETS institutional code is 4865.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required. OHSU's ETS institutional code is 4865.
- We welcome applications from well-qualified applicants from outside the United States. Learn about the application requirements and process on our International Student Information page.
Please direct questions about the online application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Service 857-304-2017 Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm EST.
Student health benefits
The Joseph B. Trainer Health and Wellness Center supports the health and well-being of students and postdoctoral scholars during their time at OHSU.
Graduate Studies approves application fee waivers for applicants who are economically disadvantaged and request a waiver by contacting email@example.com before submitting their application.
Fee waivers are also approved for applicants who have participated in the following or similar programs:
- Murdock Undergraduate Collaborative Research Program
- McNair Scholars Program
- Meyerhoff Scholars Program
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- OHSU Summer Equity Program
- Annual Biomedical Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos & Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- American Indian Science and Engineering (AISES)
Waiver requests from applicants (and/or programs on the applicant’s behalf) with extenuating circumstances will be reviewed.
The applicant or program contacts firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a fee waiver request with the applicant name, CAS ID#, and reason before application is submitted. Graduate Studies review requests, and informs applicant and program of the decision. Once waivers are applied to an applicant account, applicant has 30 days to submit application before the waiver expires. Trailing documents like transcripts and letter of recommendation can still be accepted after the 30-day deadline, but the applicant portion must be complete and submitted in order for the waiver to cover the application fee. Only one fee waiver can be applied to an applicant.
If you have other questions pertaining to the Neuroscience Graduate Program or would like additional information, please email us at email@example.com.