The deadline for 2022 application materials, including letters of recommendation and the $70.00 application fee, is December 1st.
2022-2023 Recruitment dates: February 23-25, 2023
How to apply
Please visit the OHSU School of Medicine Graduate Studies website to APPLY. Click on "Neuroscience Graduate Program" in the program list.
Three letters of recommendation are required.
Beginning with 2019 applicants, the GRE is no longer required but rather optional for the Vollum Institute/OHSU Neuroscience Graduate Program. If you wish to submit GRE scores, OHSU's ETS institutional code is 4865.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, the TOEFL or IELTS is required. OHSU's ETS institutional code is 4865.
- We welcome applications from well-qualified applicants from outside the United States. Learn about the application requirements and process on our International Student Information page.
Student health benefits
The Student Health and Wellness Center supports the health and well-being of students and postdoctoral scholars during their time at OHSU.
Graduate Studies approves application fee waivers for applicants who are economically disadvantaged and request a waiver by contacting email@example.com before submitting their application.
Fee waivers are also approved for applicants who have participated in the following or similar programs:
- Murdock Undergraduate Collaborative Research Program
- McNair Scholars Program
- Meyerhoff Scholars Program
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- OHSU Summer Equity Program
- Annual Biomedical Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos & Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- American Indian Science and Engineering (AISES)
Waiver requests from applicants (and/or programs on the applicant’s behalf) with extenuating circumstances will be reviewed.
If you have other questions pertaining to the Neuroscience Graduate Program or would like additional information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.