CLOSED FOR 2023
St. Charles Madras Family Care Clinic and Madras Hospital are offering four-week Family Medicine sub-internship rotations to qualifying 4th year medical students. This robust rotation includes inpatient experiences at a rural Critical Access Hospital and experiences at a rural clinic.
Sub-internship rotations do not guarantee an interview; however, these experiences will primarily be used for students interested in the Three Sisters Residency Program. If interested, please fill out the application form.
Below are the requirements at the time of applying:
- You are a current student at a school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Your institution must be listed in the NC-SARA directory. If your school is not listed in the NC-SARA directory, check to see if it’s listed on the Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) website. The only exception to this will be if you are an Oregon resident. If you have any questions regarding NC-SARA and HECC, be sure to contact your school.
- You've completed and passed the following core clerkship requirements before the rotation begins (if any will not be completed/passed, please let us know why in the application form):
- Family Medicine
- You've completed the Sub-I application form
- You've uploaded your USMLE or COMLEX transcripts to the application, we will only consider applicants who have passed Step 1.
- You've uploaded your current CV to the application.
- You are a US Citizenship, have Permanent Resident Alien status, or Visa status granting you the ability to work in the United States.
- There must be an affiliation agreement in place between St. Charles and your school 5 weeks prior to your rotation start.
- Program Letter of Agreement or Affiliation Agreement.