As of June 2023, per OHSU GME guidance and our objectives for promoting fairness, cost-effectiveness, and environmental sustainability, we will only be offering virtual interviews for the 2023-2024 recruitment cycle. As family physicians, we recognize the significant role that a sense of community plays in our personal lives and work. To uphold this local connection, we offer applicants the choice to visit our program sites in both Madras and Portland. These visits will be open to all applicants who interviewed with us but remain completely optional.
Our program’s final rank list will be completed prior to any structured in-person visits. We share this information to enhance equity. Our structured in-person visit will be scheduled for January/February 2024.
Thank you for your interest in the Three Sisters RTP. Applications must be completed through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- Register for the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Candidates must pass USMLE or COMLEX Step 2 prior to February 1, 2024
- U.S. clinical experience is required (six months of hands-on experience is preferred) unless it has been less than two years since the date you graduated from medical school
- All candidates must be eligible for employment at OHSU at the time of hire
- All candidates must qualify for a limited medical license through the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners
- Candidates graduating from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada prior to 2024 must have a complete, valid ECFMG certificate at the time of application
- Candidates graduating from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada in 2024 must have successfully passed USMLE Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS at the time of application and be eligible for the ECFMG certificate at the time of graduation
- Application deadline is November 1st 2024
- Interviews are by invitation and are conducted from November 2023 through January 2024
- OHSU GME requires residents to take and pass USMLE/COMLEX Step 3 within 18 months of their start date at OHSU
With your ERAS application, please include:
- Three Letters of Recommendation are required; at least one should be from a family medicine or primary care physician
- Official transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX score
- ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
- We have a supplemental application/question: Upon receipt of your ERAS application, you will be directed to answer a supplemental question unique to our program; please complete this at your earliest convenience; your application is not considered complete until your supplemental response has been received.
- Interviews for the 2023-2024 recruitment cycle will be in accordance with OHSU GME guidance
- All of our interviews will be virtual
- Only ERAS Applications will be accepted
- All candidates will be selected through the NRMP match
- Observerships and research experience will not be considered for clinical experience requirements
- Applicant must be legally able to work in the U.S., or eligible to obtain work authorization. Common visa types at OHSU are the F1, H1B, and J1 visas
OHSU values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. OHSU provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization.