Also known as Episurf MRI Protocol Knee Endoscopy.
Dr. Crawford must be indicated as Ordering or Attending physician.
- Run as built in
- Don't change parameters
- Don't change FOV
- Ok to add slices
Last updated: 9/27/19
Charge as: Knee WO
Scanner preference: MR3 or MR4 only
Coil: Knee Coil
- Place the knee and coil as close to isocenter as possible.
- Do not change the FOV or the matrix size. 3D representations of the knee are created from this sequence.
- Not all SAG sequences are oriented the same. Please follow scan guidelines for all sequences.
FIELD OF VIEW
- FOV for all sequences will cover the entire femoral bone and articulating cartilage.
SAG T2 SPAIR
- Run the SAG T2 SPAIR if the patient has a history of prior meniscal surgery.
USE OF FOLDOVER SUPPRESSION AND SENSE
- Use fold-over suppression if artifacts are interfering with the bones or articulating cartilage.
- OK to use SENSE as long as superior image quality is maintained.
|SAG 3D VIEW PDW (PHILIPS)||3D||NONE||Do not change||Angle perpendicular to the back of the condyles|
|SAG 3D SPACE (SIEMENS)||3D||NONE||Do not change||Angle perpendicular to the back of the condyles|
|AXIAL||PD SPAIR||2D||3||0.3||SPAIR||Do not change|
|SAG - Angle parallel to the lateral condyle||PD||2D||3||0.3||NONE||Do not change||Angle parallel to the lateral condyle|
|SAG||PD SPAIR||2D||3||0.3||SPAIR||Do not change||Angle perpendicular to the back of the condyles|
|COR||PD SPAIR||2D||3||0.3||SPAIR||Do not change|
|COR||T2 SPAIR||2D||3||0.3||SPAIR||Do not change|
|SAG (Optional - run if hx prior meniscal surgery)||T2 SPAIR||2D||3||0.3||SPAIR||Do not change||Angle perpendicular to the back of the condyles. Run if the patient has previously undergone a meniscal surgery.|