- No cardiac images to be acquired. ONLY LIVER images, please.
- Liver quantification consists of 3 sets of data, each sampling a different part of liver (dome, mid liver, inferior liver)
- The Fe sequences were created using a cardiac sequence, so you may have to put cardiac gating (either PPU or ECG) on the patient in order for proper gating.
- Send ADC maps
- Send Subtractions
- FOV: do not include patient’s arms
- Scan on expiration.
- Monitor that patient is breath-holding. Breathe the patient slowly so they have time to follow instructions. Do not start scan until the patient has stopped breathing.
- Give 2L O2 if it will help with breath-holds UNLESS PATIENT HAS COPD OR ANOTHER REASON NOT TO GIVE O2.
Last updated: 4/12/19
Charge as: Abdomen W/WO
Scanner preference: MR1 or MR2 only
Coil: Torso Coil
|Cor||T2||SSFSE||7mm||1mm||None||Liver through bottom of kidneys||Breath Hold. Ensure liver is well-centered in coil to ensure good signal at dome.|
|Axial Liver Quantification (Dome)||T2*||FFE||10mm||10mm||None||One slice positioned at dome of liver. See images below||Breath Hold|
|Axial Liver Quantification (Mid-Liver)||T2*||FFE||10mm||10mm||None||One slice positioned at mid-liver. See images below.||Breath Hold|
|Axial Liver Quantification (Inferior liver/abd)||T2*||FFE||10mm||10mm||None||One slice positioned at lower portion of liver. See images below.||Breath Hold|
|Axial||T1||Dual Echo SPGR BH||5mm||0.5mm||None||Entire liver||May be separated into overlapping stacks if patient cannot breath-hold. Do not interleave images. Okay to use 6mm slice thickness with 1mm gap on MR1 and CHMR2.|
|Axial||T1||3D mDixon pre BH||-||-||Yes||Entire liver||Ensure quality before contrast injection|
Power Inject. Bolus Track. Trigger when bolus reaches SMA.
|Axial||T1||3D mDixon x3 phases BH||-||-||Yes||Entire liver||Exact parameters as the pre-mDixon.|
|Axial||T1||3D mDixon BH||-||-||Yes||Entire liver||Timed exactly 4 mins post-injection.|
|Axial||T2||TSE RT||5mm||0.5mm||SPAIR||Entire liver||Okay to use 6mm slice thickness with 1mm gap on MR1 and CHMR2.|
|Axial||T2||DWI||7mm||1mm||Liver through bottom of kidneys|
|Axial||T2||SSFSE RT||5mm||0.5mm||Yes||Entire liver||Optional sequence if T2 SPAIR is poor quality. Okay to use 6mm slice thickness with 1mm gap on MR1 and CHMR2.|