- M.S.W., New York University New York United States 1988
- Ph.D., Walden University Minnesota United States 2016
- Structural Family Therapy
- Licensed Clincal Social Worker
- Motivational Interviewing
- Chroinc Pain Management
At the OHSU School of Dentistry, Dr. Hemmings is an assistant professor in community dentistry and director of social work. She is developing and teaching an innovative inter-professional curriculum related to social determinants of health within the school of dentistry. Additionally, Dr. Hemmings directs the social work program which includes masters of social work interns from Portland State University , Arizonia State University and Simmons University who provide social work interventions to patients within the dental clinic and residency program..