Dr. Marshall came to medicine after an earlier career as an artist, taking what seemed a natural step toward a better understanding of the human body and mind. Her fascination with the intricacies of behavior led her to addiction medicine, and she has found great joy in advocating for the health and rights of this underserved population. Her particular interests in addiction medicine include systems improvement, provider education, and exploring the historic context of American drug policy and addictions care.
Outside of work she continues artistic pursuits in sculpture, painting and miniature-making. She lives in southeast Portland with her husband and young daughter.
Education and training
- B.A., 2005, Lewis and Clark College
- M.D., 2016, Oregon Health & Science University
- Internal Medicine, Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, Portland, OR, 2019
- Addiction Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2021
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 2019
Memberships and associations:
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Oregon Society of Addiction Medicine
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.