I see patients at
Address3270 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. David Abel specializes in caring for patients with high-risk pregnancies. He specializes in complex fetal ultrasound diagnosis, and feels it is a privilege to help patients through what is often a very difficult pregnancy. He particularly enjoys working with OB/GYN residents and maternal-fetal medicine fellows and participating in their education.
Outside of work, Dr. Abel enjoys spending time with his wife, son and their dog and two cats. He enjoys making jam and pickling in the summer, and picking fresh blackberries whenever he has the opportunity. He also has a particular interest in astronomy and music from the ’80s and ’90s.
Dr. Abel sees patients at OHSU, PeaceHealth Maternal Fetal Medicine in Vancouver, WA and OHSU Maternal Fetal Medicine at Adventist Health Portland.
- B.A., 1987, Tufts University
- M.D., 1992, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California – Los Angeles, 1993
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME, 1996
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2003
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Obstetrics and Gynecology
Memberships and associations
- Fellow, Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society