Sports medicine updates for the physical therapist
The 2023 Physical Therapy Sports Medicine Symposium takes place on Saturday, April 22. This one-day continuing education seminar is presented by OHSU Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation. The courses cover some of the latest sports medicine concepts in physical therapy.
Registration and breakfast: 7:00 a.m. to 7:50 a.m.
Course presentations begin: 8:00 a.m.
Diagnosis and Management of Hypermobility Disorders
Sonia Sosa, MD (OHSU)
Hypermobility and Sport
Heather A. Purdin, PT, MS, CMPT (Good Health Physical Therapy & Wellness)
Proximal Hamstring Injury Management
Ryan Petering, MD (OHSU)
Hamstring Tendinopathy: Progressing Beyond the Rehab Phase
Colleen Little, PT, DPT, OCS (The Pace Academy)
Controversies Surrounding Treatment for Syndesmotic Injuries
Bopha Chrea, MD (OHSU)
PT for the Olympic Athlete
Chante Larlee, PT, DPT, OCS (OHSU)
Amy Benton, PT, DPT (Prime Performance)
Breathe Better for better performance & recovery
David Deppeler, PT, DSc (Breathe Your Truth): Keynote speaker
Exercise During Pregnancy: Knowledge for the Physical Therapist
Sherilyn DeStefano, MD (OHSU)
Andrea Herzka, MD (OHSU)
The learning objectives for the symposium are:
- Build an understanding of high ankle sprain.
- Learn about a physical therapist's USA Olympic Training Facility experience and PSU experience.
- Understand the proximal hamstring including rehabilitation approaches, non-operative and operative management.
- Learn how to incorporate breathing education into physical therapy to enable better performance and faster recovery .
- Understand hypermobility and physical therapy treatments for it.
- Build an understanding of dance medicine and its application.
- Learn about exercise and pregnancy as they apply to physical therapy.
A certificate of attendance for 7.25 hours of education will be provided to all attendees. The credit may be provided to the appropriate reporting board as proof of participation.
Category D credit is available for non-approved provider for Athletic Trainers.
Through March 21:
$150 (includes breakfast and lunch)
After March 21:
$200 (includes breakfast and lunch)
You may cancel your registration by March 21, 2023 for a 100% refund. After that, no refunds will be given. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help in getting a refund for your registration.
Date and location
Saturday, April 22, 2023
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Robertson Life Sciences Building
2730 S.W. Moody Avenue
Portland, OR 97201
Through March 21: $150
After March 21: $200
(both include breakfast and lunch)
If you have not registered and would like to join this event, please contact Dina at 971-244-2189.
Includes 2 tickets to conference, table to exhibit and list of attendees.
Please contact Dina Girgenti-Iida at email@example.com if interested.