From participating in a research study to becoming a new business partner, there are many ways to support ORCATECH's mission and get involved.
Without the support of thoughtful and generous donors, our team would not be able to conduct cutting-edge research. There are two primary ways to contribute to ORCATECH research and operations directly.
To make a gift, please visit the OHSU Foundation's secure site and note your support of ORCATECH.
One of ORCATECH's integral members, Tamara Hayes, passed away in 2013. This fund has been set up to encourage and recognize outstanding graduate students in Biomedical Engineering at OHSU. This is particularly fitting for Tamara's passion, and what she would want to see continue.
ORCATECH is often on the search for post-doctoral researchers, interns and other members to join our team.
Senior Research Assistant
ORCATECH is hiring a Senior Research Assistant to help coordinate studies.
This position supports clinical trials and is responsible for the design, implementation and management of research studies.
- Developing, implementing and managing research studies and programs
- Recruiting research volunteers, determining eligibility, obtaining informed consent and facilitating study enrollment
- Maintaining regulatory compliance; liaising with external research sponsor representatives; preparing progress reports
- Independently coordinating, completing and assuring quality of all protocol elements
- Entering data and maintaining associated databases
Alternatively, search for the job ID 2019-2828 within the OHSU job portal.
Senior Research Assistant
ORCATECH is hiring a Senior Research Assistant to maintain, develop, test and document software tools in support of technology-based research studies
This position is responsible for improving and testing technologies to support research objectives, as well as maintaining and expanding the software that collects sensor data.
- Contributing to the design, implementation and management of sensor-based protocols and technical systems
- Following standards for software development
- Working with team members to build common code repository and continuous integration processes
Alternatively, search for the job ID 2020-4038 within the OHSU job portal.
Information about our internship program and how to apply will be posted soon.
Volunteer in a research study
Participate in one of ORCATECH's studies and contribute to innovative research.
Investing in ORCATECH allows us to develop improved ways to serve the community. Based on its unique intellectual property assets, ORCATECH is in the process of becoming an independent, profitable commercial organization and is talking with investors for fundraising purposes.
If you would like more details about this opportunity or are interested in joining the group of potential investors, please contact Judith Kornfeld, Chief Business and Operations Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.