ORCATECH has a wide array of data resources available for further study. We use and develop technologies that can assess everyday home-based activities. These technologies provide millions of hours of real-world and real-time activity and health data.
We contribute our data to the National Institute on Aging's National Archive of Computerized Data on Aging (NACDA).
Guide to accessing data
The typical process of using ORCATECH data for an upcoming project is as follows:
- Request data using our online form
- Have a discussion with our team about your plans
- Analyze the data that we provide for your project
- Use that data in a project or publication
- Acknowledge the use of ORCATECH data or support in your publication
- Report your published manuscript to our team
To request data from the Layton Aging and Alzheimer's Center and ORCATECH, please complete our online form.
Data, data sets and data dictionaries
|Digital biomarker sensor data|
|Neuropsychological testing data|
|Online health update forms|
|Online survey data|
*Clinical data includes: NACC UDS and Non-NACC demographic data, online weekly health data, online reported data, sleeping, loneliness, social isolation, physical activities, comorbidities measures, and other cognition measurements
- Passive sensor data dictionary
- Health update form
- Clinical data dictionary
- Technology use form
Available data sets
- CART V1
- ACTIVE sensor data set from 2018
Publication requirements and resources
Please remember to acknowledge ORCATECH on all manuscripts submitted for publication, if the manuscript was developed with the support of ORCATECH resources and/or staff. This is extremely important to our continued funding.
- Read and agree to comply with our Research Repository Policy.
- Sign the bottom of the Data Request Form
- Send the form by email to Nora Mattek or fax it to 503-494-7499
send the information requested in the body of an email along with your written acknowledgment that you have read the policy and agree to comply
One or more of the following acknowledgments must be added to all published articles.
- Alzheimer Disease Center Clinical Core (PI: Kaye; eIRB 725; supported by NIH P30 AG008017, P30 AG066518)
- Oregon Center for Aging & Technology (ORCATECH; PI: Kaye; eIRB 2765; supported by NIH P30 AG024978)
- ORCATECH Living Laboratory (OLL or “Living Lab”; PI: Kaye; eIRB 2765; supported by NIH R01 AG024059, P30 AG024978, P30 AG008017, P30 AG066518, Intel Corporation)
- The Oregon Brain Aging Study (OBAS; PI: Kaye; eIRB 361; supported by Department of Veterans Affairs, NIH P30 AG008017, P30 AG066518, M01 RR000334, UL1 RR024140)
- Oregon Roybal Center for Care Support Translational Research Advantaged by Integrating Technology (ORCASTRAIT; PI Kaye; eIRB 20236; supported by NIH P30 AG024978)
Please check with the Data Manager Nora Mattek for the appropriate acknowledgments relevant to your publication.
Industry leaders, research institutions, and technology firms partner with ORCATECH in a variety of ways.
Interested in collaborating with us on an upcoming project?