The Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology (DMICE) is offering High School and Undergraduate Data Science
The Department of Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology (DMICE) offering High School and Undergraduate Data Science paid Internships beginning June 2021.
These internships will provide full-time summer internships in data science and biomedical informatics to college undergraduates and high school students to increase their skills with respect to data literacy and stewardship. The program’s goals are to provide exposure to data science and informatics with respect to best practices, impact of research on medicine and health, as well as possible career path for interns. In addition to the research project, each intern will attend weekly Informatics Research Conferences and will present their work at the end of the internship in a mini-symposium.
Due to the funding agency, this program is open to U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents only, age 16 or older at the the beginning of the internship.
Project details are in this link and applications will open Friday, February 19, 2021 and will close Thursday April 1, 2021.
Short term experience – summer quarter. 40 hours per week for 10-12 weeks @ $15.00 per hour.
- Contribute to ongoing research project under direct faculty mentorship
- Complete a self-paced online R “Bootcamp” providing interns an introduction to the R Statistical programming language and applications with respect to data stewardship
- Presentation of project work at Informatics Research Conference toward end of experience
- Participate in writing up results, potentially leading to co-authorship on a publication or pre-print
- Complete online application. See link below.
- The application contains a short essay question. Sample 2021 application form (please use link below to apply).
- Provide current transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Provide letter of recommendation
Application closes April 1st. Applicants will be notified of decisions in early May 2021.
Questions should be sent to Andrea Ilg via email firstname.lastname@example.org