The Graduate Programs in Human Nutrition is located on the Marquam Hill campus of Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, Oregon and houses the longest-standing Dietetic Internship program in the Pacific Northwest under the School of Medicine Graduate Studies Office. Graduates in our programs are employed in a variety of clinical, foodservice, community, research, private practice, and entrepreneurial positions. OHSU is an outstanding teaching hospital and university that draws students and professionals from all over the world. Options for graduate study in the field of nutrition and dietetics include:
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition/Dietetic Internship
- Dietetic Internship Graduate Certificate Program
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition
- Master of Science in Food Systems and Society
Mission of the Graduate Programs in Human Nutrition (GPHN)
The Graduate Programs in Human Nutrition supports the overall vision of OHSU, which is to improve the health and quality of life for all Oregonians through excellence, innovation and leadership in health care, education and research. A fundamental priority throughout OHSU is to enable each student to achieve his or her potential as a health care professional while efficiently and effectively meeting the health-related needs of the multiple communities he or she will serve.
Our program strives to provide our students with a dynamic array of knowledge and skills so that they are prepared to practice in and advance the fields of nutrition and dietetics. We also believe strongly in giving back to the profession, and it is our hope that students will be inspired to help others and to advocate for themselves and the profession.
Mission of the OHSU School of Medicine (SOM)
- Provide programs to enhance human health, with an emphasis on improving health and access to care for all Oregonians.
- Educate tomorrow's physicians, scientists and other health professionals and prepare them for a lifetime of learning, leadership, discovery and service.
- Develop new medical knowledge and technologies through basic, clinical and translational research.
- Translate discoveries into effective health care and quality delivery.