- OK to adjust FOV, # of slices to cover the entire tumor. No other parameter changes.
- OK to increase sense factor to 2 on all T2 sequences.
- No compressed sense.
- Position patient based upon where the tumor is located to reduce motion artifact.
- OK to clip the body part from the FOV in order to tailor FOV to the Dermoid tumor of interest (for example, no need to include the entire abdomen if the tumor is in the abdominal region).
- Scan time will vary depending upon the tumor, but will likely be more or less 30 minutes.
- Sequences should remain 5-8 minutes for each.
Desmoid tumor of interest will be indicated in the order comments. The highest possible resolution and smallest field of view is required to capture the entire desmoid tumor of interest and corresponding area of the body. Each participant should be imaged on the same MRI scanner at each time point.
Last updated 1/31/2020
Charge according to the body part that is requested.
Scanner preference: MR4 or MR2 only
Coil: Use coil appropriate for the body part that is requested
|3D T1||CORONAL||Slice Gap=0. Increase slices as needed to cover entire target tumor with highest resolution possible.||3D||Cover entire target tumor and attached body area||256x240 / 1x1x1||Pacs, Archive||Generate AX MPR and SAG MPR|
|T2||AXIAL||5 skip 0. Increase slices as needed to cover entire target tumor with highest resolution possible.||2D||Cover entire target tumor and attached body area||300x300 isotropic||Pacs, Archive|
|T2||CORONAL||5 skip 0. Increase slices as needed to cover entire target tumor with highest resolution possible.||2D||Cover entire target tumor and attached body area||300x300 isotropic||Pacs, Archive|