- Ordered for patients 0 -17 years of age who has mild to moderate head trauma
- Scan time is approximately 5 minutes
- You will need to check comments for the protocol.
- Depending on the level of injury, a parent, RN, or physician must hold any patient that is not able to cooperate.
- When calling for the patient, please ask for assistance to come with the patient.
Last updated: 5/29/2020
Charge as: Brain WO
Scanner preference: Any scanner
|SAG||T2||SS TSE||4-5mm||1mm||None||20-22cm||Scalp to Scalp|
|AXIAL||T2||SS TSE||4-5mm||1mm||None||20-22cm||Angle to Corpus- Skull Base to Vertex|
|COR||T2||SS TSE||4-5mm||1mm||None||20-22cm||Angle to Corpus- Skull Base to Vertex|
|AXIAL||T2* GRE||GRE||3-4mm||1mm||None||20cm||Angle to Corpus- Skull Base to Vertex|