- PATIENT PREP: Earplugs only, no headphones. Position sponges carefully at the level of the patient's chin if needed.
- CONTRAST & IV: PATIENT NEEDS A 20G OR BIGGER PERIPHERAL IV (unless for Peds) Prep Power injector to split contrast injection for 2 injections:
- DCE: Use 1/3 of the total contrast amount. Injection rate: 4-5ml/sec. Start injection AT THE SAME TIME YOU BEGIN Dynamic 8. 15ml Saline chaser
- DSC: Use 2/3 of the total contrast amount. Injection Rate: 4-5mL/sec. Start injection 8-10 seconds after beginning the sequence.
- NO ANGLES ON STEREOTACTIC SEQUENCES. COVER AT LEAST 1CM ABOVE VERTEX THROUGH SKULL BASE. COVER ENTIRE NOSE.
- Send to Pacs: DSC, DCE
- Send to Intellispace: DSC, DCE, Post Ax T1
- Post process: DSC only
- Archive all sequences
Charge as: Brain W
Scanner preference: Ingenia Scanners Only: MR4, MR 2, DMR2, BEAVERTON
Contrast injection - POWER INJECTION. SEE ABOVE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
|DCE||Only available on 3T||-||-||-||-||-||Inject on 8th dynamic.1/3 total contrast amount.Injection rate: 4-5cc/sec. 15mL saline flush.Center through lesion of interest.Do not add slices.Send to PACS|
|DSC||Run on both 1.5T & 3T||-||-||-||-||-||Inject 8-10 seconds after dynamics begin.2/3 total contrast amount.Injection rate: 4-5cc/sec. 15mL saline flush.Cover lesion and as much brain tissue as possible.Do not add slices.Post process in IntellispaceSend to PACS|
|AXIAL 3D T1 POST||3D T1 FFESTEREOTACTIC||3D GRE||1.3mm||0mm||None||25cm||No angle. Cover at least 1cm above vertex through skull base. Cover entire nose.|
|AXIAL 3D T2 POST||T2 STEREOTACTIC||TSE||4mm||1mm||None||23cm||No angle. Cover at least 1cm above vertex through skull base. Cover entire nose.|