- Earplugs only, no headphones.
- Position sponges carefully at the level of the patient's chin if needed.
ANGLES AND COVERAGE:
- NO ANGLES ON STEREOTACTIC SEQUENCES.
- COVER AT LEAST 1CM ABOVE VERTEX THROUGH SKULL BASE.
- COVER ENTIRE NOSE.
- Injection Rate: 4-5mL/sec.
- Start injection 8-10 seconds after beginning the DSC sequence.
- For peds patients with smaller IVs, consult with Rad and peds RN or Anesthesiologist to determine a safe injection rate.
SENDING AND POST PROCESSING IMAGES:
- Send DSC source images to PACS, Intellispace and Archive
- Send Post Ax T1 to Intellispace
- Post process DSC
- Archive all sequences
Last updated: 1/7/2020
Charge as: Brain W
Scanner preference: Ingenia Scanners Only: MR4, MR 2, DMR2, BEAVERTON
Contrast injection - POWER INJECTION. SEE ABOVE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
|DSC||Run on both 1.5T & 3T||-||-||-||-||-||Inject 8-10 seconds after dynamics begin. Injection rate: 4-5cc/sec. 15mL saline flush.Cover lesion and as much brain tissue as possible.Do not add slices.|
|AXIAL 3D T1 POST||3D T1 FFE STEREOTACTIC||3D GRE||1.3mm||0mm||None||25cm||No angle. Cover at least 1cm above vertex through skull base. Cover entire nose.|
|AXIAL 3D T2 POST||T2 STEREOTACTIC||TSE||4mm||1mm||None||23cm||No angle. Cover at least 1cm above vertex through skull base. Cover entire nose.|