Last Updated: 5/6/2021
Charges: Prostate WWO. Charge for Endorectal coil
Scanner preference: 3T Only. OK for MR2 for pt safety issues (notify Rad)
Coil: Torso Coil
- Per radiologists on 5/2021: Patients that have had a recent prostate biopsy must wait 8 weeks before Prostate MRI with Endorectal coil can be performed.
- Always with Endorectal Coil, always with power injection
- Tech must be signed off on inserting Endorectal coil
- Patient prep: instructions given by scheduling
- Power injection 3mL/s, dose by weight. 20g IV.
- Send all images to PACS and archive
- No post processing needed.
- Charge for Endorectal coil. In EPIC, to to "Charge Capture" > "Supplies" > "HB MR Imaging Coil"
|Survey||-||-||-||-||-||-||Center on prostate. Ensure good signal through perineum. If pt still needs to evacuate stool allow them to do so.|
|AX||T2 HR||TSE||3mm||1mm||None||240 x 240||Cover prostate and seminal vesicles. Ok to increase slices|
|Insert endorectal coil|
|Survey||-||-||-||-||-||-||Center on prostate. Ensure good signal through perineum.|
|AX||T1||TSE||5mm||0.5mm||None||240x300||Ok to increase slices. Cover prostate, endorectal coil and seminal vesicles|
|SAG||T2||TSE||3mm||0mm||None||180x180||Perpendicular to AX. Ok to increase slices. Cover prostate, endorectal coil and seminal vesicles|
|AX||T2 HR||TSE||3mm||0mm||None||180x180||Ok to increase slices. Cover prostate, endorectal coil and seminal vesicles|
|COR||T2||TSE||3mm||0mm||None||180x180||See image for coverage. No need to cover the entire endorectal coil. Only cover prostate and seminal vesicles.|
|AX||DWI||EPI||3mm||0.3mm||180x180||Ok to increase slices. Cover prostate, endorectal coil and seminal vesicles. On Philips, send only b0, b600, b1200 and ADC map to PACS and archive. On Siemens, send all DWI images to PACS and archive.|
|Inject gad at the start of dynamic #6. Power injection 3 cc/sec.|
|AX||DC||3D FFE||180 x 180||Cover prostate and seminal vesicles OK to increase slices, but ensure the dynamics don't exceed 80 seconds. No post-processing required. Send raw data to PACS and archive. No longer required to send images to colorpacs.|