MR Liver Mass with MRCP W/WO BODY Protocol
- If Eovist is ordered, follow the Eovist protocol.
- The MRCP sequences must be performed BEFORE the Eovist administration. Otherwise, the dense contrast blacks out the MRCP sequences.
- Void before exam
- Send ADC maps
- FOV: do not include patient’s arms
- Scan on expiration.
- Monitor that patient is breath-holding. Breathe the patient slowly so they have time to follow instructions. Do not start scan until the patient has stopped breathing.
- Give 2L O2 if it will help with breath-holds UNLESS PATIENT HAS COPD OR ANOTHER REASON NOT TO GIVE O2.
Last updated: 4/12/19
Charge as: Abdomen WWO
Scanner preference: 1.5T
Coil: Torso Coil
|Cor||T2||SSFSE BH||7mm||1mm||N||Liver through bottom of kidneys||Ensure liver is well-centered in coil to ensure good signal at dome.|
|Axial||T1||Dual Echo SPGR BH||5mm||0.5mm||N||Entire liver||May be separated into overlapping stacks if patient cannot breath-hold. Do not interleave images. Okay to use 6mm slice thickness with 1mm gap on MR1 and CHMR2.|
|Axial||T2||bTFE BH||4mm||-2mm||N||Perform 3 overlapping stacks. Do not interleave.|
|Cor||T2||3D MRCP||1.4mm||Y||Bottom 2/3 of liver through bottom of pancreas||Please use navigator trigger & track.|
|Cor||T2||Radial MRCP||40mm||Y||Liver through bottom of kidneys||Please use navigator trigger & track.|
|Axial||T1||3D mDixon pre BH||-||-||Y||Entire liver||Ensure quality before contrast injection|
Power Inject. Bolus Track. Trigger when bolus reaches SMA.
|Axial||T1||3D mDixon x3 phases BH||-||-||Y||Entire liver||Exact parameters as the pre-mDixon.|
|Axial||T1||3D mDixon BH 4 min delay||-||-||Y||Entire liver||Timed exactly 4 mins post-injection.|
|Axial||T2||TSE RT||5mm||0.5mm||SPAIR||Entire liver||Okay to use 6mm slice thickness with 1mm gap on MR1 and CHMR2.|
|Axial||T1||3D mDixon BH 10 min delay||-||-||Y||Entire liver||Timed exactly 10 mins post-injection.|
|Axial||T2||DWI||7mm||1mm||SPIR||Liver through bottom of kidneys||Trigger & Track|
|Axial||T2||SSFSE RT||5mm||0.5mm||Y||Entire liver||Optional sequence if T2 SPAIR is poor quality. Okay to use 6mm slice thickness with 1mm gap on MR1 and CHMR2.|