- No cardiac images to be acquired. ONLY LIVER images, please.
- Liver quantification consists of 3 sets of data, each sampling a different part of liver (dome, mid liver, inferior liver)
- The Fe sequences were created using a cardiac sequence, so you may have to put cardiac gating (either PPU or ECG) on the patient in order for proper gating.
- FOV: do not include patient’s arms
- Scan on expiration.
- Monitor that patient is breath-holding. Breathe the patient slowly so they have time to follow instructions. Do not start scan until the patient has stopped breathing.
- Give 2L O2 if it will help with breath-holds UNLESS PATIENT HAS COPD OR ANOTHER REASON NOT TO GIVE O2.
Last updated: 4/12/19
Charge as: Abdomen WO
Scanner preference: MR1 or MR2 only
Coil: Torso Coil
Scan Time: Approximately 15 minutes
|Axial Liver Quantification(Dome)||T2*||FFE||10mm||10mm||None||Fit to Patient||One slice positioned at dome of liver. See images below||Breath Hold|
|Axial Liver Quantification(Mid-Liver)||T2*||FFE||10mm||10mm||None||Fit to Patient||One slice positioned at mid-liver. See images below.||Breath Hold|
|Axial Liver Quantification(Inferior liver/abd)||T2*||FFE||10mm||10mm||None||Fit to Patient||One slice positioned at lower portion of liver. See images below.||Breath Hold|