Early in his career as a General Surgeon, Dr.Siegel developed an interest and expertise in Palliative Care, helping patients and their families with complicated medical decision making, treating challenging symptoms and offering support during illness.
He now limits his surgical practice and mainly provides care on the Inpatient Palliative Care Service. He focuses on establishing relationships with patients and their families during what can be a confusing, stressful and isolating time.
In his free time, he enjoys playing his trombone, singing, listening to music, reading, cooking and spending time outside.Read more
- M.D., Dartmouth Medical School 1990
- Surgery, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, 1995
Memberships and associations
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- New England Surgical Society