Accessible and Inclusive Health Promotion Practices
OODH collaborated with colleagues at Comagine Health to create resources for offering accessible and inclusive health education programs. The goal is for all facilitators, leaders, and coaches of health education programs to have the knowledge and skills to deliver accessible and inclusive programs.
Training materials cover these topics:
- Basic information on disability and prevalence of disability in Oregon
- Basic information on accessibility and inclusion
- Tips for planning an accessible event
- Site selection
- Accessible communication and plain language
- Tips for hosting a virtual event
- Involving support providers
- Accessible and inclusive event materials
Resources include guidebook in multiple formats on inclusivity best practices for health education and a video of the training session.