Health Impacts Safety
- Health Impacts Safety toolbox and safety meeting guides have been developed to support organizations integrating workplace safety, health, wellness and well-being. Each Total Worker Health™ guide can be downloaded and printed freely. Listed below are the guides and additional resources that you may find useful to support the guides. Email us with comments and feedback about the guides.
- Watch a video to learn more about how to use the guides. Download our master guide list
Updated Jan. 2018:
- Instructions and Calendar for A Year of Impact!
- Download the entire PDF in English (instruction, calendar, 12 monthly meeting guides) or Spanish (10 guides). Or, access each guide and instructions separately below.
TWH1 What's sleep got to do with it?
TWH1 What's sleep got to do with it? (Spanish)
- OccHealthSci Sleep Topic
- Online video: What if you stopped sleeping (AsapSCIENCE)Harvard Sleep Medicine Sleep and Health Education Program
- National Sleep Foundation
- NIOSH Work Schedules: Shift work and long work hours
TWH2: What's my heart got to do with it?
- OccHealthSci Total Worker Health & Wellness subtopic: Best Practices
- CDC Heart Health webpage
- American Heart Assoc. Warning signs of heart attack, stroke and cardiac arrest
TWH3: What's diabetes got to do with it
TWH4: What's the sun got to do with it?
- OccHealthSci Topic: Heat Stress and Sun Exposure
- NIOSH Fast Facts: Protecting Yourself from Sun Exposure
- OSHA Occupational Heat Exposure
- Skin Cancer Foundation: Download a Self Exam Body Map
TWH5: What's sitting got to do with it?
- Occupational Health Science's Workplace Solutions to Get People Moving
- Washington Post's Don't Just Sit There!
- OccHealthSci Total Worker Health Subtopic: Best Practices - Moving at Work Solutions
TWH 6: What's eating got to do with it?
- Harvard Healthy Eating Plate
- Oregon Health Authority Healthy Vending and Cafeterias
- Wellness@Work Eat Well
TWH 7: Presenteeism: Why work when you are sick?
TWH 7: Presentismo
- Business-Know-How The Hidden Costs of Presenteeism: Causes and Solutions
- LexisNexis Legal Newsroom Psycho-Social Challenges of Managing Employee Illness: Presenteeism, Absenteeism and "Monday Effect" Oh My
TWH 8: What's stress got to do with it?
- Are you stressed? Learn all about it!
- Stress at work: What about it?
- Watch EU-OSHA's "When Stress Strikes" at work. Looks familiar?
- How can your organization help prevent stress in the workplace?
- Learn to De-Stress, Monday and Everyday.
TWH 9: What's exercise got to do with it?
TWH 9: ¿Qué tiene que ver el ejercicio con esto?
TWH 10: Distracted Driving/Safe Driving
- National Safety Council: Distracted driving resources
- OccHealthSci.org subtopic: Cell phones & distractions
- Distraction.gov Texting Campaign
- CDC Distracted Driving webpage
TWH 11: What's respect got to do with it?
TWH 11: Spanish version - coming soon
- Forbes: Four Steps Proven to Cultivate Workplace Civility
- OccHealthSci 2016 recorded symposium: Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: Impact on worker health and well-being
TWH 12: What's mindfulness got to do with it?
TWH 12: Spanish version coming soon
- OccHealthSci 2015 recorded symposium: Mindfulness and Total Worker Health
- OccHealthSci Resource Directory: Total Worker Health Topic, Best Practices - Mindfulness subtopic
These guides were developed by Dede Montgomery, Fred Berman, Anjali Rameshbabu, and reviewed by: Steven Shea, Kent Anger, Ryan Olson, Amanda McCullough, Brad Wipfli, Illa Gilbert-Jones, Diane Elliott, Kerry Kuehl, Leslie Hammer, and David Hurtado.
Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences, OHSU and Oregon Healthy Workforce Center.
Special thanks to Edgard Ramirez and SAIF Corporation for their assistance with Spanish translations. SAIF is a NIOSH Total Worker HealthTM Affiliate.