Oregon Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation is a project of the Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences at Oregon Health & Science University. OR-FACE is supported by a cooperative agreement with the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health through the Occupational Public Health Program of the Public Health Division of the Oregon Health Authority.
OR-FACE conducts surveillance, investigation, and assessment of traumatic occupational fatalities in Oregon, and produces safety materials to promote worker safety. OR-FACE investigations of fatal occupational incidents assess risk factors that include the working environment, the worker, activity, tools, energy exchange and role of management.
- Identify traumatic occupational fatalities through a statewide surveillance network
- Investigate selected traumatic occupational fatalities
- Have a multidisciplinary team analyze the surveillance and investigation data
- Develop and disseminate prevention strategies for these injuries
- Collaborate with other states and NIOSH to develop prevention strategies to decrease the rate of occupational injuries and fatalities
Ryan Olson, Ph.D. - Program Director
Nikolas Smart - Research Associate
Jarred Rimby, Senior Research Assistant
Melina Rodriguez - Research Assistant II
Leah Greenspan - Research Assistant II
Amelia Monfared, Student Research Assistant
Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road, L606
Portland, Oregon 97239-3098