The Medical Assistant provides a full range of support as part of the medical care team. This position functions within the Medical Assistant Scope of Boundaries as defined by OHSU. Primary duties of this position are: rooming, collecting patient vital signs, point of care testing, documentation in the electronic medical record (EHR), maintaining clinic flow, stocking exam rooms, assisting with procedures and treatments, and communicating with efficiency and diplomacy. The Medical Assistant works under the clinical direction of the physician, and has a direct reporting relationship to the Practice Manager.
If you are interested in an opportunity to learn, grow and make a difference, then being a Medical Assistant at OHSU is the right job for you. OHSU is working to excel in patient care and customer service, as measured by national rankings, and wants you to be part of our team. Most importantly we want employees who are committed to being as good as they can possibly be because “patients may forget what you did for them but they will never forget how you made them feel.” We in turn want you to feel great so we offer extra benefits like a comprehensive employee wellness program, tuition assistance and vacation accrual that begins right away.
Medical Assistant Incentives Include:
- Salary Range: $20.64 - $27.92 per hour
- Up to $10,000 in hiring and retention bonuses for qualifying positions
- Free TriMet Pass, plus free rides on the Aerial Tram and Portland Street Car
- Experienced certified MAs have an opportunity to promote into a Medical Assistant 2 classification if all criteria is met after one year at OHSU
- Employee Referral Bonus
Want To Learn More?
Click Here to fill out an interest form.
Scappoose Medical Assistant Opportunity
The Scappoose clinic is a nationally recognized Rural Health Clinic. We welcome and treat all patients, regardless of their ability to pay, insurance, income, background or preferred language. We respect our patients’ beliefs, values and cultural needs.
Our clinic treats babies, children, teens, adults (including moms-to-be) and seniors. You and your health care team will work together to come up with a plan that makes sense for you and your family.
Come join our team.
Calling Portland Home
- Portland offers public art, dozens of urban parks and green spaces, a lively downtown and a world-class transportation system.
- The city boasts world-class museums and performing arts centers, as well as two major league sports franchises.
- The food scene is outstanding, with restaurants and food carts galore, plus, of course, coffee.
- The OHSU campus is a city in and of itself, with 18,000 employees and 36 major buildings overlooking downtown Portland, as well as the famous Portland Aerial Tram.
What We Offer
Commute Programs. Learn More Here
- Free Tri-Met Pass, plus free rides on the Aerial Tram and Portland Street Car
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement