Join the Food and Nutrition Department at OHSU in Portland
Earn $15.04 to $27.10 an hour as part of a team serving health care professionals, patients and others. Selected jobs are eligible for a hiring bonus.
As a cook, cashier or food service worker, you will:
- Support patients, visitors and staff.
- Depending on the job, qualify for a generous benefits package.
Apply for a food service job at OHSU
Why join OHSU in food service?
When you become an OHSU employee, you join our missions to heal, teach and discover. As Oregon’s only public academic health center, OHSU cares for patients, leads groundbreaking research, and trains the next generation of health care professionals.
- Lively environments where every day is different.
- A chance to support OHSU’s mission to improve the health of people in Oregon and beyond.
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- A welcoming environment with leaders striving to build an anti-racist, multicultural institution.
- Support and resources for people of all ages, ethnicities, genders, national origins, religions and sexual orientations.
- Wellness programs to support your physical, emotional and financial health.
Many food service jobs include a complete benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage at low or no cost to employees
- Access to retirement plans
- Up to 200 hours (equal to 25 full days) a year of paid time off
- 96 hours of sick leave a year (prorated for part-time employees)
- Eight paid holidays a year
- Commuter subsidies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to group life insurance, disability insurance and other supplemental benefits
- Discounts just for OHSU members
Living in Portland
Portland offers majestic landscapes, a vibrant yet easygoing vibe, and some of the best food, beer and coffee in the world. Learn about the sights, sounds and people in the place we love to call home.
Apply for a job at OHSU
See featured jobs
Learn about key jobs OHSU is hiring for now.