The OHSU Farmers Market supports low-income families by making sure we allow as many different types of payments as possible. Matching tokens ($1 tokens with a red smiley) are given for free when accompanied by SNAP or WIC & Senior Vouchers.*
*Notes about free matching tokens:
- Matching tokens are available at the Info booth at the farmers market. They are free when you use your SNAP card or show us your WIC/Senior Vouchers.
- Each matching token is worth $1 and has a smiley face on it.
- No change will be given when you purchase items with either a $1 token or $1 matching token.
- Eligible items include: Food intended to be eaten at home or seeds & plants intended to grow food. "Ready to eat" foods are not eligible.
This type of program is available at several farmers markets around Portland. When you visit a market, ask the info booth when you arrive if they have a Nutrition Incentive program!
SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Formerly known as Food Stamps.
- Use Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card/Oregon Trail card to purchase $1 (RED) tokens at the info booth at the Farmers Market.
- Dollar for dollar matching up to $10 when EBT cards used.*
- Eligible Purchases: Food intended to be eaten at home or seeds & plants intended to grow food. "Ready to Eat" Foods not eligible.
- To sign up for SNAP, call 1 800 SAFE-NET or visit their website.
Women-Infants-Children and Senior Farm Direct Nutrition Program
- Use WIC or Senior FDNP vouchers to purchase produce.
- Any farmer selling produce at the OHSU Farmers Market is signed up to accept these vouchers.
- Dollar for dollar matching up to $8 per benefit per person (2 x $4 vouchers matched, max) when vouchers are to be used at the market. Info booth will administer stamp to any matched voucher so each voucher is only matched once.*