OHSU’s ECMO team is available 24 hours a day to provide world-class, comprehensive care for adults with severe heart or respiratory failure.
We are a multidisciplinary team with specialists in:
- Critical care, including nursing
- Heart failure
- Respiratory failure
- Cardiothoracic surgery
We have access to intensivists (experts in critical care) in:
We also have access to specialists in:
We are researchers who work to advance knowledge and care. Our recent research includes studying:
- Use of ECMO during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ideal sedation for ECMO patients
- Acute lung injury
Learn more about our research:
- ECMO-related publications by Bishoy Zakhary, M.D.
- ECMO-related publications by David Zonies, M.D., M.P.H., M.B.A., F.A.C.S., F.C.C.M., F.A.C.H.E.
- ECMO-related publications by Mackenzie Cook, M.D.
We are also faculty in OHSU’s School of Medicine who teach and train the next generation of providers.
ECMO medical director
Kinsley Hubel, M.D.