ALERT: Big Brain has moved to Compass! All online courses will be hosted and available in Compass starting May 2. During the transition period, individuals will not be able to access the courses they normally would have completed in Big Brain.
Compass is OHSU's Learning and Performance Management System. It is where you will go to complete the required learning modules (HIPAA, Integrity Foundations and Respect at the University courses) to obtain your badge.
If you are an OHSU employee or student you will access Compass using your assigned OHSU Network username and password.
If you are a non-OHSU researcher or a volunteer involved in research: Due to system requirements, all researchers required to complete OHSU training will need to obtain an OHSU network account in order to access the necessary systems containing the training. Non-OHSU researchers must contact the responsible OHSU employee (e.g. PI or research administrator) to request the OHSU network account for them. Learn more...
If you are a visiting doctor, scholar, non-OHSU student, non-OHSU trainee, intern, non-research volunteer or other affiliate of OHSU, you will first need to complete and submit the Compass online request form.
Key points when completing the online request form:Username
- ☑Your username will be the full email address entered in the form.
- ☑Passwords must contain both upper and lower case letters and numeric characters.
- ☑Passwords must contain at least one non alphanumeric character.
- ☑Passwords must be 8 - 20 characters in length.
- ☒Passwords cannot three or more consecutive same characters.
- ☒Passwords cannot have leading or trailing spaces.
- ☒Passwords cannot be the same as the Username, User ID, or email address.
Please make note of your user name and password. You will need these when you are granted access to Compass.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens after I submit my request?
- Please allow one to two business days for the processing of your request. Once your request is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the login page where you enter your username and password to access Compass.
- Why am I having trouble getting the program to run on my computer?
- Be sure you are using one of the three browsers Compass currently supports; Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. Other browsers like Safari and mobile devices are not currently supported.
- I am using one of the supported browsers but the program still won't run on my computer?
- If you are having this issue with Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Chrome.
- If that does not resolve the issue disable the pop-up blocker. Often the browser will present an option to "always allow pop ups for this site" that you can click on.
- What if I don't remember my username?
- Your username is the full email address you entered in the request form.
- What if I don't remember my password?
- Be sure you are accessing Compass from the correct login page: https://ohsu.csod.com
- If that does not resolve the issue, go to the login page and click on the "Forgot your password?" link. Enter your login credential (username/full email address). You will then receive an email enabling you to reset your password.
- Whom can I contact if I have questions?
- Please direct any questions to the OHSU Organizational Effectiveness department at email@example.com or 503 494-8185. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.