Volunteers in the healthcare mission are placed in a variety of settings, where they spend their time and talents serving patients, families, and staff. We're always interested in hearing from reliable and compassionate people who would like to help our patients on a regular basis. Placements are determinations are based upon the volunteer's skills, interests, availability, and previous experience.
See an overview of the volunteer onboarding process below:
Onboarding Process time: 6-8 Weeks
- Within 2-3 weeks of submitting an application, you will be invited to an in-person New Volunteer Orientation. Orientations generally take place during the first week of each calendar month.
- After you attend a New Volunteer Orientation, you will be asked to attend an in-person New Volunteer Interview in order to be placed in a program based on your experience, interests, and availability. Interviews take place the second or third week of each calendar month.
- After your interview, you will be sent an email with an offer for a volunteer position: including the location, day and time of the volunteer position we are offering you. Should you accept the position, you will be asked to sign a few documents and send them to OVV.
- Your Welcome Packet will outline everything you need to do to get started as a volunteer. Including, but not limited to:
- Medical clearance
- Online trainings
- Background check
- ID badge pick up
- You will schedule and attend training as outlined in your Welcome Packet.
- After you have completed the training outlined in your Welcome Packet, you will be ready to start your minimum commitment of 6 months as a volunteer!