Thank you for your interest in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program at Oregon Health & Science University.
At Oregon Health & Science University, we take a holistic approach to evaluating applications and highly value academics, work experience, community service, advocacy, research, teaching, background, and life experience.
Our priority is to train a diverse group of residents each year with different strengths, passions, skillsets, and career goals. We seek to support a diversity of career trajectories including fellowship training, academic medicine, research, policy, advocacy, and community service.
We have high expectations and standards but do not prioritize one aspect of an application over another.
- Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only.
- Selection of first-year resident positions is done via the National Resident Match Program (NRMP).
- Eight intern positions are available yearly.
- You may submit your application for our program beginning September, 2023.
- Applications are reviewed and considered on all facets of the application - there are no minimum USMLE scores required, but a first-time pass is needed to apply.
- USMLE score reports are required from all applicants
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- We are following APGO/CREOG's recommended standards for the OBGYN application and Interview Process
- Application submission deadline 10/01/2023
- Interview offers will be released on 10/24/2023 with rolling offers to follow depending on responses received
- We will limit interview invitations to the number of interview slots available
- We will allow 48 hours after an interview invitation email has been sent for the applicant to accept or decline
- We will send a final status to applicants no later than December 2, 2023
A complete application must include:
- National Board Scores on USMLE (Step 1 required), must achieve a passing grade on first testing.
- Dean's letter from your medical school.
- Your personal statement.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation are required. You may submit four if you have a fourth letter available but it is not required.
- Letters of recommendation from the faculty of your OB/GYN Department are strongly encouraged.
For international graduates:
- National Board Scores, USMLE (Step 1 required), must achieve a passing grade on first testing.
- No graduation cut-off year
- Must be eligible for medical licensure in the U.S.
- We support J-1 and H1B visas.
2023 - 2024
Interview Day Program
During your interview day, you will have the opportunity to meet with program leadership, faculty, and our residents. All interviews will be offered virtually via Webex. Our day will begin at 7:30 a.m. PST and is scheduled to conclude by 12:30 p.m. PST on Wednesdays.